Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh, the guilt!

The first day of school!
With SuperNoots growing more and more every day, TDH and I had to make the tough, tough decision to start the twins in pre-school one year earlier than planned. After a jam-packed summer, I thought their first day of school would go like this... drop the kids off, grab a well-deserved frappuccino from Starbucks, head home, organize the house, work, send out way-over-due thank you notes from Biscuit's birthday party, breathe...

It didn't quite go as planned.

When I walked into that quiet, empty house, it did not say organize me. It said, bad mommy.

So, I cried and sat numb from the brain down for the rest of the day.

The second day of school, I pulled myself together for a nice walk. I didn't walk for exercise as much as I walked for a little clarity, and it came to me somewhere between the warm sun and the cool breeze that this transition into the working mom world is not going to be as easy as I thought.

So, last week I spent most of my time piddling and dealing with a family crisis or two, including my transmission going out, Red's trip the ER for a cut on the head, and two of my three grandparents going into the hospital. Everyone's okay now, except for the car, and I'm happy to say I'm pulling myself together over here!

Here are a few pics from our last few weeks of summer vacation.

Here is Biscuit, his cousin, and Aunt Frankie taking it easy in Atlanta. Biscuit is loving the swimming this summer.
Biscuit with me, my Godson and one of our dear friends :)

Red and Blondie

Oh, almost forgot... on a side note, check out Ship Full O' Pirates post today. Mother Hen found us a great link to an incredible way to save money on groceries and household items at CVS. Have you heard of this?! I'm going to try it!

2 comments:

Karen Coutu said...

Hey! We have one of those lunchboxes too!! My children use it for a suitcase.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Anonymous said...

natural treatment of fatty liver natural treatment of fatty liver natural treatment of fatty liver

Check out my homepage ... what can happen if you have a fatty liver