Monday, November 17, 2008

Dinner with Tow Mater / Mayoless Tuna Salad

An interesting post by Shannon over at Rocks in my Dryer got me thinking about the kids' manners today. I suppose it's that time of year when parents of America feel the pressure to cram a year's worth of manner lessons into a few weeks, all in anticipation of the large, expanded family holiday dinners to come.

As I served little Biscuit, Red and Blondie their chicken and sweet potato fries this evening, it occurred to me that the current state of manners in the SuperNoots house is somewhere close to abysmal.

I realized I was dining with three Larry the Cable Guys.
(No offense, Larry. I loved you as Tow Mater).

TDH is not a whole lot of help in this area. It's humanly impossible for one male to frown upon another male's burps or toots. Just is.

No segwe seems to be flowing naturally into a food tip or recipe, so I'll just jump right in here and offer up a lunch favorite of mine via Ali at Healthy Hostess. It's a Mayoless Tuna Salad, which I either eat with crackers or in a flat-out wrap. I never thought to substitute hummus in place of mayo, but it really works!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always do the hummus or (braceyourself) cottage cheese.

only because I caint stand mayo.

at all.

in anything.

:)

Liisa said...

I have been trying to work on basics with the little monkeys like please and thank you....the older ones get it but forget and the wee ones are just learning.

My all time favorite wrap is hummus, feta chese, tomatoes, black olives and bean sprouts. Mmmm....I think I know what we will be having for dinner one night this week! ~smile~

I will have to try this mayoless tuna!

Blessings,
Liisa

Anonymous said...

Liisa, your wrap sounds delicious! I love bean sprouts, and our whole family goes completely nuts over hummus and feta. Yum. I'm hungry now.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!